At Great Canadian Van Lines we want our customers to get the most reliable trusted service available. This Trust awareness document as presented by the Canadian Association of Movers will help protect you from non-reputable movers.
TRUST (written by the Canadian Association of Movers)
“When you’re moving your family to a new residence, it can be both exciting and potentially stressful at the same time. There’s a lot to consider when you are moving, like your possessions. They’re important to you and your family. In many cases, they have priceless sentimental value that goes far beyond the original sticker price you paid for them. Don’t trust your family’s treasured belongings to some part-time guys with a weekend rental van. Protect your peace of mind with a trusted, accredited member of the Canadian Association of Movers.
The most important element in moving is finding a mover you can trust – and you can trust the members of the Canadian Association of Movers to treat you fairly and deliver the services you’ve been promised.
- CAM members have sufficient insurance to cover your goods in their care;
- CAM members have workers’ compensation coverage to ensure you’re not liable for injuries to workers that may occur in your home;
- CAM members are in compliance with the GST/HST requirements of the Canada Revenue Agency;
- CAM members are rated highly by consumer agencies;
- CAM members have invested in personnel, equipment and facilities to serve you professionally; and
- CAM members have established a dispute mechanism for resolving issues between consumers and members.
The Canadian Association of Movers has represented the moving industry since 1969
- Our members are movers – they are not telemarketers, scammers or thieves – just professional movers. And they are located in your marketplace – not at a remote terminal.
- Our members include Canada’s major van lines – brand names you know.
- We validate all members for reputation and professionalism.
- We helped Industry Canada develop its guidelines for consumers and movers.
- The CBC and other media come to CAM for information on the moving industry.
- The Better Business Bureau consults with CAM on moving industry law, practices and for references.
- We consult with provincial governments about consumer protection”.
By Great Canadian Van Lines
Since the deregulation of the moving industry by the Canadian Government, the moving industry has been plagued with rogue and unethical movers operating and van lines in Canada. These companies create a website and optimize (market) it on the internet and then you the consumer find their site when you search with your search phrase for example: “best long distance movers” and moving companies and van lines are listed. The problem is that you don’t know if they are legitimate or not. The Canadian Association of Movers (CAM) has written and posted this article on their site to help educate consumers and identify reputable movers and Canadian Van Lines in Canada. So as long as you move long distance with one of these recognized CAM Members you are in good hands.
Alternatively when you move with a rogue or unethical mover or van line you put your entire shipment at risk and could be subject to the following:
False scale tickets, inflated weights and fraudulent charges
Goods held hostage until you pay
Damaged goods beyond repair
No moving insurance to help replace damaged and missing items
Late deliveries without compensation for the late delivery
Never seeing your shipment again
Consumers continue to buy from these rogue and unethical movers operating in Canada and the main reason usually comes down to their price; which is substantially cheaper than those prices offered by reputable CAM members.
Don’t get fooled it’s the old concept “you get what you pay for” pay less get less!
Don’t be a victim, do your research check your Canadian Mover or Canadian Van Line out with the BBB or CAM, and make sure they are a legitimate member.
Be smart and protect your family’s possessions!