Calgary Moving Company
Great Canadian Van Lines is proud to service the Calgary area. As Calgary movers with an A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau and hundreds of testimonials from gratified customers seeking a Calgary moving company. Great Canadian Van Lines has been assisting households and businesses in Calgary area relocate locally, nationally, and internationally with tremendous success.
Consumer Information For Calgary
If you’re moving to Calgary, you’ve made a smart choice. Calgary is one of the greatest cities to live in Canada. It has true Canadian seasons with the intense heat of summer and the frigid cold of winter. But what’s really cool about Calgary is the Chinooks, It can be -20 degrees in the middle of winter and then a Chinook wind rolls in and all of a sudden it’s 10 degrees above zero.
Those moving to Calgary in a long distance move are mainly moving from Ontario and Quebec, with the majority from the greater Toronto area. Moving from Vancouver to Calgary ranks right up there just behind the Toronto. Moving to Calgary from Vancouver can be a huge bonus to your bottom line as home prices in Calgary as of December 2012 averaged $496,636. and Vancouver was $695,257.
Although moving long distance to Calgary can be challenging to your family and a stressful time, once you get there you will be pleased that you made the move to Calgary. Banff is just down the highway and let’s not forget that Calgary is home of the Calgary Stampede in July.
Here’s a few more interesting facts about Calgary
- Population of Calgary is 1,096,833.
- The city leads in Canada for technology start-up companies and Internet connection with over 187,000 km of installed fibre optics
- Calgary is located at 1,139 metres (3,740 feet) above sea level
- Calgary is Western Canada’s transportation and distribution hub
- In a 2006 survey, The Economist magazine ranked Calgary as the second best city in the world for business travellers
- Calgary is home to 95 corporate head offices making us the second largest head office city in Canada
- Calgary has the youngest, best educated workforce in Canada — 60% of Calgarians have post secondary education
- There is no provincial sales tax in Alberta
- Calgary has over 8,000 hectares of park land within the city limits and the beautiful Canadian Rockies are just an hour away
- Over 1 million people visit the Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth, the Calgary Stampede, every year
- Calgary is in the Mountain Time Zone and observes Daylight Savings from March through November
Contact Great Canadian Van Lines for a Free Estimate
Fill out an estimate and we’ll be glad to help you figure out your next move.